Serving dynamic needs of eCommerce businesses and marketers all across the world, Magento has been one of the favourite eCommerce platforms. From ground up, Magento is built to be highly adaptable, extensible and user-friendly. The kind of functionalities it offers and the way it makes things manageable is a clear proof of it being chosen over other platforms.
Now, let’s consider a situation:
What if you want to manage multistores through a single platform?
Fortunately, Magento offers a built-in feature to manage multiple sites/store with a single platform. This is ideal for store owners who own multiple Magento installations and want them all on a single platform. The feature grants them a single admin panel to view and control these sites in an easy manner. Let’s deeply discuss
The Structure of Magento Multistore
Understanding the structure for effective management is mandatory.
It all starts with the launch of the server. Once you have launched the server, you need to select the global Magento setup to launch a multi-store feature. Make sure you have a cloud platform as hosting for your Magento installation because launching a Magento store on a shared host will affect the performance.
- First, launch the global setup in which Magento installation will be done
- Within the global set up of the store, launch Magento multistore feature
- You can select to launch multiple stores with the Magento installation
- Now you can create multiple store views in each store you create
The following image explains the above structure from top to bottom of the Magento Multistore.
Basics of Magento Multi-store Management
The concept is quite simple. It offers 4 hierarchical levels: Global, Website, Store and Store View where each one has a dedicated role.
Global – the top level of the hierarchy – refers to the complete installation of Magento. It includes default settings, inventory and other information that is used for Stores and Store Views.
Website — the second level of the hierarchy — contains one or several stores. If you are planning to have different domain names, this is exactly the level where they belong. One domain name — one website.
Further, pricing, taxes, currency, payments, shipping, products, customers, orders are also managed here.
Store — the third level — is a part of the website that is used to manage categories, as well as their display on the frontend.
Store View — the fourth level — the visual representation of the same store. As a rule, Store Views are used to represent the store in multiple languages, currencies (default currency is set on the website level) and with different design templates.
[Additional Resource:Magento’s official website has an easy to understand knowledge base article explaining GWS.].
Advantages Of Magento Multistore Functionality
Though the Magento 2 multiple store feature makes your eCommerce management a cakewalk and provides a lot of benefits, the major ones are mentioned below:
- Your website will be easy to navigate and explore thus making way for improved customer experience
- Each store can have its individual identitywith an ability to change the themes and restrict extensions
- Easily manageablecustomer accounts
- Different payment and shipment methods for different regions
- Easy to add and edit catalogues
You May Find This Interesting :Everything You Need To Know About New Magento 2.4.6
Checklist For Magneto Multistore
While setting up multistore feature, you may have to look into a few things to make it work. We have listed out few.
- Buy a multi-domain SSL certificate
- Ensure you have multisite hosting for negligible or no server issues
- Maintain store backup for data safety
- Configure your Magento multistore through the admin panel
- Point your new domain name to your server
- If all is good, it is time to add some products and test them to check if they fit your needs
The article takes you through the Magento multi-store journey and how it can be beneficial for your online business. If you are a multi-store owner, struggling for store management then this is for you.
In case, you are still confused about the process or worried about the outcome, our expert Magento developers are here to help.
Years of Experience
Days of Free Support